Monday, July 31, 2006

Was It a Dream? Or Maybe a Vision?

For some reason, whenever the word "Dream" is mentioned, I feel compelled to make the above Escaflowne reference. For some other reason, I can't change the image at the bottom of the previous post because my browser keeps freezing whenever I hit the "Publish Post" button. Hopefully, this won't happen with this post. Otherwise, I'll have wasted all this time and effort without even having a post to read.

Anyway, I had this weird dream last night. In the 1940's, there was immenent threat of attack by Space Godzilla. So this one scientist sequesters himself in his lab as he attempts to build a weapon capable of destroying the creature. Sixty years of near-ceaseless work later, he sets up a both outside his building so he can start selling the weapon capable of defeating Space Goji. Thus, I'm walking to school, seeing signs everywhere for the device, and wondering how in Hell we're going to defeat Space Godzilla with the Video iPod Nano with color.

Then I see my dad driving his bus. Instead of driving it from the inside, however, he's pushing it from behind on a bicycle. Then we're off to this theatre (or, at least, that's what it turns out to be later), and in the lobby there's this canvas sheet with two holes in it so you can see a pair of eyes looking out from the picture behind it. Some old scientist in my group says the hidden picture is of the bald-headed alien standing next to me, which the alien denies. So the scientist lifts off the canvas sheet, and while it is shaped like the alien's head the picture is clearly a collage of eyes. Rather than admit he is wrong, the scientist explains that the picture is instead integrated into the numerous bas-releifs of other faces in the black walls of the lobby, which you could see if you stand back far enough.

I lose interest at this point and enter the theatre proper. The first thing I notice is that above the projection screen is another screen showing an image of ghostly people like on the computer screen in the movie Pulse. Walking in deeper, I am suddenly beset by a vertible marathon of ghosts running in the opposite direction. However, I soon realize that the ghosts are just sepia-tinted holograms because I recognize my still-living brother among them. Apparently, we had been in this theatre some months ago and helped record the footage for this effect. Even though I knew this, I found the effect so creepy that I decided never to set foot in this theatre again.

And that's all I remember before waking up. Then I fell back asleep and had another dream where I start making popcorn with a frying pan, get all upset when my half-sister puts a different pot on the same burner despite the free one right next to it, and find myself unable to properly articulate my feelings on the matter. She also has a pink cell phone for some reason.

On the topic of things that really did happen yesterday, my dad took us to Costco to buy that big-screen TV he promised us a month ago. Unfortunately, they were no longer selling the 46-incher he had his eye on. After some grocery shopping there, we decide that the 50-inch TV they were selling should be able to fit the modified entertainment center we had just fine. After we get it on the dolly, we realize that it might not actually fit in the van. Another customer told us that he bought a similar TV and had to take it out of the box to get in his van. After borrowing a tape measure from the store, we come to the conclusion that we can fit the TV in the van if three of us took the bus home. There was a delivery service, but they couldn't pick up the TV today.

After buying our groceries, we decide to go to Sears to see if they have the TV dad wants. While my dad, his girlfriend, and the sales associate mess around with of the TV's, I take to watching Space Balls on another set. Not long after I figure out how to turn up the volume, my half-sister tells me to turn it down. I can barely hear Lord Helmet talk about how he always drinks coffee while watching the radar, and somehow it's keeping her from enjoying The Matrix: Revolutions at the opposite end of another isle. Eventually, I'm bored, my dad's girlfriend is hungry, and my dad has had about as much of this particular sales associate as he can stand (having had to deal with him twice already on seperate visits), we all go home and have mushroom burgers.

The end.

Okay, so below is the same image as in the previous post, only larger. Blogger shrank it for some reason, and, like I said, my browser won't let me change it. I don't know if this will even work now, so if you don't see this post let me know. ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home