Monday, October 31, 2005

Santa Cruz Hallowe'en Report 2005

In Santa Cruz, Halloween is like Burning Man. Except nothing burns. To my knowledge. It's like a big party, man. Downtown is filled with people in costumes and people playing music and performances. One thing I like to do once I get home from that is put up a list of the notable costumes I remember. Usually, I do this at some forum, but this year I'm using my blog. You may expect this list to be updated if I remember more stuff, and I may even add a picture of me in my costume. I was sort of a biker cat guy, although I cheaped out on the cat stuff and wound up looking more like a mouse. One guy actually saw me and said, "Oh, Mickey Mouse. Sort of."

Anyway, on to the list, in no particular order...

*Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist)
*Havock (Full Metal Alchemist)
*Fantanas (Fanta commericials. "Do you / wanna / Have a Fanta?")
*Discarded packing materials knight (Best way I can describe it)
*Mamochi Zabuza (Naruto), sword and all
*Snap (Rice Crispies)
*Crackle (Rice Crispies)
*Pop (Rice Crispies)
*Smathy (Star Control 2)
*Tetrads (Tetris)
*Mario (Super Mario Brothers)
*Waldo (Where's Waldo)
*Frylock (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
*Master Shake (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
*Dr. Zoidberg (Futurama)
*The Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man (Ghostbusters)
*Camoflaged (My dad had to point him out to me)
*Megaman X (Megaman X)
*Zero (Megaman X, as opposed to Megaman Zero)
*Free Mamograms (Basically, he had a box on his head with a boob-shaped hole over his face)
*Music Pirate (Eye patch, CD's, anti-RIAA logo)
*Quail Man (Doug, probably the same guy as last year)
*Thing 1 (Cat in the Hat)
*Thing 2 (Cat in the Hat)
*A panda
*Captain Morgan
*Cotton Candy
*Patrick (Sponge Bob Square Pants)
*Neo
*Beatrix Kiddo (Kill Bill)
*California White Snake (Kill Bill)
*Halley Barry's Catwoman (and she was hot)
*Wolverine (X-Men movies) Added November 2, 2005
*Sailor Moon Added November 2, 2005
*Rainbow Brite (Although, I was later informed their were about five of them) Added November 2, 2005
*Hunter S. Thompson (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) Added November 2, 2005
*The Avian Flu (All I remember is a chicken mask and a sign reading, "Mr. A. Flu") Added November 4, 2005

If you were in Downtown Santa Cruz this year, be sure to leave a comment telling me what your costume was, including a picture if possible. (You may want to host it at Photo Bucket or something) I especially want you to do this if I haven't mentioned you. If I like your costume, I'll add it to my list.

I'm a little particular about what I'll accept. I'm not going to add you to the list if your "costume" looks like something something slutty that you pulled out of your closet (although the picture would be much appreciated), looks like you bought in a store, or is merely a mask/facepaint with your normal clothes. It has to be original, and it should impress me as much as the above list has. (November 2, 2005 edit: Or I might just add it if I really like it anyway)

Anyway, here's hoping you had a great Halloween and a nice All Hallow's Day. I hear it's celebrated with a feast. Too bad I have class that night.

You represent... apathy.
You represent... apathy.
You don't really show any emotion. You can be
considered cruel and cold, but you just don't
really care about anything. This is just the
way you are... you're quite a challenge to get
close to, and others may perceive you as
boring.


What feeling do you represent?
brought to you by Quizilla

I'll need to clear out my quiz result folder soon. A lot of them don't work anymore. One site seems to have stopped operating completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home